5th graders selected one of the original 13 colonies to present information and mapping of their subject. In a cooperative group, they compiled facts through lots of research from many different sources. They presented their findings to all of their classmates.
Mr.Reed were did you get the pitures from it looks prety cool
ReplyDeleteI like the slideshow Mr. Reed!! It is very nice and... yeah.
ReplyDeleteWhat a wonderful way to learn about the colonies! I was very impressed by your work. I would love to know the most interesting thing that you learned and what you most admired about the colonists. Thank you for sharing your work on this blog. - Mrs. Kline
ReplyDeleteThis comment has been removed by the author.
ReplyDeleteDear Mrs.Kline,
ReplyDeleteThe most interesting thing that I learned about the colonists would be that each colony had their own government, not like the federal government we have today.
Dear Mrs Kline,
ReplyDeletethank you for the nice comments. the most interresting thing that i learned during this project was there was a lot of slavery
Dear Mrs Kline,
ReplyDeleteSomething intresting I have learned is that all the colonies had slavery!
Dear Mrs Kline
ReplyDeletethe thing I like about the colines is that the first one was named after the great KING James and they called it James towen.
Dear, Mrs. Kline
ReplyDeletethe most intresting thing I learned each colony has diffrent legislatures.
Dear Mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeleteSome of the most interesting thing that I've learned about the colonists is that to vote in some areas you have to be a man, white and own land.
Dear Mrs. Kline
ReplyDeleteOne intersting thing I lernd is that the southern coloney used the most slaves, because of the econoomy of the plantashens
Dear Mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeleteOne interesting I leared was that North Carolina and South Carilona were once one Colony. What I admire are the Southern colonies. The only thing that I didn't like about the South was that they used slaves. I think that was totally wrong.
Dear Mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeleteI think one of the most interesting things about the colonies, is that at one point, there were more African-American slaves than in the Southern Colonies than the actual free colonists. I'm very glad we have machinery that they didn't have back then, so civilized life is possible for the rest of us.
Dear mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeletethanks for the comment on my teacher. =). I think the colonies had very hard times. like the south, slavery. the southermn colonies had alot of hard times. I did the middle colonies and I did new jersey. the middle colonies are my favorite. did you know that william penn discovered pennsylvania. I hope i can see you.
Also Mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeleteI wanted to thank you for the commet.
Dear Mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeleteSocial Studies is very interesting when you study America's history. The colonies were the foundation of our country. I think the most interesting thing I learned about the colonies was the colonists legislature.
Dear Mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeleteThe most interesting thing I learned was that in the Southern colonies there were more Africans than in the Middle and New England mixed together.
What I admired most about the colonists was that they worked so hard and long just to survive.
Dear mrs. kline,
ReplyDeleteThe most interesting thing i learned. About the southern colonys wich i reported on. Was that north and south carolina. Used to be one big state called carolina. I can,t belive the settlers got kicked out of their colony. And made a new one. We learned several details about the colonys we did.
Dear Mrs.Kline,
ReplyDeleteI learned about columbus, buffalos, ect. Also about slavery. What I learned about the colonists is that mary land was found by Calverts. Do you know anything about Calverts?
Dear Mrs. Kline
ReplyDeleteThank you for the comments.
The most thing I admired about the colnists is they worked hard to make the colonies.
And that they found land and survived.
Dear Mrs.Kline,
ReplyDeleteThat was so sweet. I learned about the southren colonies. I also learned choose your own advencure story.
Dear Mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeleteThe most intresting thing that I learned is that each of the colonies had slavery. I am so glad that we don't have slavery or we would have to work our tails off everyday and we wouldn't get a lot of food. I think it would be very hard to live back then because we wouldn't have all the stuff we have today. I think that Social Studies was the best during that time because we got to work as a table group. Here is one of my favorite things about Social Studies is that my table group acted it out and it was the best thing ever.
Dear ms.Kline,
ReplyDeleteThank you for the comment. Humm...The most interesting thing I have learned about the colonies would be how much slavery they had. ( I really liked making the map!)
Dear Mrs. Kline
ReplyDeleteI learned that there is three different colonies. the colonie I admire the most is the middle colonies. Because New York is my favorite city.
Dear Mrs.Kline,
ReplyDeleteThe most interesting thing I learned about voting is that you had to be a man,own land, and white. Another cool tihng I learned was that Pennsilvania was named after William Penn. Pennsilvania used to be called silvania and then after all the work William Penn did it then became Pennsilvania.
Dear Mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeleteThe most intersting thing I learned is that the New England colonies had rocky soil and the middle and southern had long growing sesons. That was important because the New England colonies couldn't grow food all year long.
Dear Mrs.Kline,
ReplyDeleteThank you for your comments on our work it's really thoughtful of you and my favorite thing I learned was everthing. Mrs.Smith is a great teacher and it was really nice to learn about the colonist it really sets your mind back to the old times in history.
Dear Mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeleteThe most interesting thing that I learned was that Goergia was formed to be a buffer zone between Goergia, England's colony, and Florida, Spain's colony. Another interesting thing that I learned is that in the Southern Colonies and the Middle Colonies, there was good soil for farming, but in the New England Colonies, the soil was rocky and bad for farming. The thing I admire about the colonists is they never gave up when they had to make their own colonies, their own towns. I loved doing the colonies and I thank you for the nice compliment:)
Dear Mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeleteI'm glad you like are work. I think the most interesting thing I learned was that the colonist survived. Because when they got there all they saw were trees, not any buildings Just trees. There were no comfortable beds for them to lay in just the woods and dirt. What I mostly admired about the colonist is that they were smart enough to build a living out of just a forest. Look at the U.S. now, to think it stared just with a big forest.
Dear Mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeleteThe most interesting thing I learned is that the southen colonies had a lot of slaves. One thing I admire is that colonists worked very hard.
Mrs.Kline,
ReplyDeleteI liked this project it was fun. What I thought was the most interesting was that there were so many different nations each having different colonies. I admire the colonest's determination on keeping their religion and fighting for it. I also admire their determination to make a new world out of nothing.
Dear Mrs. Kline
ReplyDeleteIt was very interesting learning about the Southern, Middle, and New England I thought it was interesting learning about What happened in the past.
Dear Mrs.Kline,
ReplyDeleteOne intresting thing that I learned about the colonists is that if you want to vote, you have to be a white man who owns land. One thing I admired about the colonists is that they worked their best when they came to a colony, because when they came to the colony it was probably filled with trees and grass. So the colonists worked their tails off to make houses for their families. Also in the Southern colonies people used slaves because they had large plantations. So the Southern colony was mostly filled with Africans and the English people.
Dear Mrs. Kline,
ReplyDeleteThe most interesting thing I like is that the middle colonies had pennsilvania and delaware as some of the colonies it was really cool we got to put all our information on a huge poster!
mr.reed,
ReplyDeleteon monday bautha started for three days. on wedsnday it ended. also on wedsnday i went to a mass at church for bautha, the mass was in chaldean not even i can understand a word they said. and also not much things were good over the week.
Thanks to all of you for your replies to my comments. I will continue to watch Mr. Reed's class blog to see what you are learning this year and how you grow as writers. It is very cool that you are blogging and learning to write for an audience. Mr. Reed is a wonderful teacher. Pay close attention to his comments and mini-lessons and your writing with improve throughout the year. Work on sharing your own voice with the world. You have important things to say! Have a terrific school year. - Mrs. Kline
ReplyDelete